Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Module 9 NETWORKS

This looked like an interesting concept, Scootle. I thought the sharing of ideas, lessons and comments was really exciting and relevant and would be a fabulous resource for professionsla development. I looked at Teacher ideas-Shelley Jenkinson and her site "going Placea". The maps, resources and children's resulting work looked like it would make for interesting learning experiences. I had trouble gaining access to this site as I couldn't log in. I tried to send an email to a Catholic Education represented that was on the list but it wouldn't send. I will pursue this with our IT rep. Amanda as I could see this site as one i'd like to go further with.

Social Networking
The Wikipedia definition was interesting in the depth of sites and their history. It has inspired me to go see the founders movie that is presently showing.
I learnt the difference between social networking (single user) and online learning community (use with a group). The warnings were a timely reminder, as I have only recently jouined Facebook, partially as aresult of this course.

Second Life

That looks like too much fun! I have heard of people who have become obsessed with this phenomenon. I'd like to see more examples which would be of educational benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment