Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Module 5 Podcasts and Vodcasts

Podcasts are probably more familiar to me as I listen to 702 radio quite a bit. It is great to review something at your own time if you have missed it. Radio National is a good site especially to learn about podcasts. ABC and CSIRO have some good educational programs that would be beneficial for teaching in the classroom. For the infants classes the Audio stories for children are another good resource, especially as we are trying to enhance their listening skills.

Less familiar is vodcast, but it is just a podcast with a video.

iTunes are a brilliant invention. We recently had an assembly where I needed a hymn from long ago, which no one seemed to have any more. I searched on iTunes and didn't locate it but found it on YouTube. It really enhanced the performance as I was going to have to sing without music. We have used it also embedded them in our flipcharts for religion and HSIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment